To take full advantage of multimedia content, you must have the Flash plugin installed in your browser.
To connect, you need to enable cookies in your browser settings.
For an optimal navigation, the RFI site is compatible with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8 and above, Firefox 10 and +, Safari 3+, Chrome 17 and + etc.
Nineteen people killed and at least 59 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.
French President François Hollande meets French troops in Bangui in December
The European Union's promised reinforcements to the Franco-African troops in the Central African Republic may not arrive on time because not enough countries are ready to send their soldiers, France warned on Friday.
The European Union operation was planned to start next week but negotiations about which countries will provide the 800-1,000 troops promised were still going on on Friday.
"If additional efforts are not made rapidly, it won't be possible to launch as planned this essential operation next week," French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said in a joint statement.
Last month the EU pledged to send a contingent to assist the 8,000 French and African troops already sent to the CAR following an outbreak of sectarian violence after rebels from the mainly Muslim Séléka group seized power in a March 2013 coup.
"The European Union must assume its responsibilities where international security is concerned," the ministers said.