The national safety court of first instance sentenced to death Ali Abdullah Hasan al-Singace, Qasim Hassan Mattar Ahmed, Saeed Abdul Jalil Saeed, and Abdul Aziz Abdullah Ibrahim Hussein, the BNA news agency reported. Three other civilians, Issa Abdullah Kazem Ali, Sadiq Ali Mahdi, and Hussein Jaafar Abdul Karim, were sentenced to life in prison.
The trial began on 17 April with BNA news agency reporting at the time that they were accused of committing voluntary homicide of public officials with "terrorist" intentions.
A video allegedly showed the attackers in cars hitting police, the agency said.
According to authorities, four police were killed after being struck by cars during the protests in the kingdom which is ruled by the Sunni Al-Khalifa dynasty. The sentences concerned the deaths of police officers Kashif Ahmed Manzur and Mohammed Farouk Abdulsamad and can be appealed.
The verdict concerning the killing of could be appealed, BNA said.
On Wednesday, an official said 405 detainees had been referred to military courts while 312 have been released. Opposition figures say that at least 567 people, including 38 women, remain in detention.