Ligue 1 winners Paris Saint-Germain face two matches against Arsène Wenger's Arsenal in Group A along with trips to Bulgaria and Switzerland to face Ludogorets and Basel.
Monaco, who qualified for this season's edition of European football's elite competition via a play-off against Villarreal, will go to England, Germany and Russia, facing Group E encounters with Tottenham, Bayer Leverkusen and CSKA Moscow.
In Group C, Pep Guardiola will come up against old employers Barcelona with Manchester City, and Champions League holders Real Madrid have been drawn in Group F against Borussia Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon and Legia Warsaw.
Full 2016/17 Champions League group stage draw:
- Group A: Paris St-Germain (France), Arsenal (England), Basel (Switzerland), Ludogorets (Bulgaria).
- Group B: Benfica (Portugal), Napoli (Italy), Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine), Besiktas (Turkey).
- Group C: Barcelona (Spain), Manchester City (England), Borussia Monchengladbach (Germany), Celtic (Scotland).
- Group D: Bayern Munich (Germany), Atletico Madrid (Spain), PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands), Rostov (Russia).
- Group E: CSKA Moscow (Russia), Bayer Leverkusen (Germany), Tottenham (England), Monaco (France).
- Group F: Real Madrid (Spain), Borussia Dortmund (Germany), Sporting Lisbon (Portugal), Legia Warsaw (Poland).
- Group G: Leicester City (England), Porto (Portugal), Club Brugge (Belgium), FC Copenhagen (Denmark).
- Group H: Juventus (Italy), Sevilla (Spain), Lyon (France), Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia).